Proton Exchange Membrane Fuel Cell Application
Proton Exchange Membrane Fuel Cell application Proton exchange membrane (PEM) is one of the core components of PEMFC, which together with the electrode determines the performance, lifetime and price of the whole PEMFC. Proton exchange membranes for use in PEMFC shall meet the following...
Proton exchange membrane (PEM) is one of the core components of PEMFC, which together with the electrode determines the performance, lifetime and price of the whole PEMFC. Proton exchange membranes for use in PEMFC shall meet the following requirements :
(1) higher proton conductivity (under fuel cell condition;
(2) low permeability of gas or fuel to block fuel and oxidant;
(3) low electroosmotic coefficient of water;
4) better chemical and electrochemical stability;
5) good mechanical strength;
6) lower cost. Up to now, a large number of PEM materials have been developed. According to the structure of the membrane, PEM can be divided into three categories: sulfonated polymer membrane, composite membrane and inorganic acid doped membrane.
At present, the PEM materials are mainly sulfonated polymer electrolytes. According to the fluorine content of the polymer, they can be divided into three kinds: perfluorinated sulfonic acid proton exchange membrane, partial fluorinated proton exchange membrane and non-fluorinated proton exchange membrane, etc.
10%Around(23℃,from50% RH to water soaked)