PVDF Powder Compression Molding
Introduction of PVDF Powder for Compression Molding FR903 PVDF (polyvinylidene fluoride) is a fluorinated semi-crystalline thermoplastic that is obtained by polymerizing vinylidene fluoride. When exposed to harsh chemicals, high temperatures and UV radiation, PVDF exhibits the characteristic...
PVDF (polyvinylidene fluoride) is a fluorinated semi-crystalline thermoplastic that is obtained by polymerizing vinylidene fluoride.
When exposed to harsh chemicals, high temperatures and UV radiation, PVDF exhibits the characteristic stability of fluoropolymers. PVDF exhibits higher dimensional stability, pressure resistance and tensile strength than PTFE, but lesser friction and insulation properties.
•Chemical processing and storage parts•Fluid handling parts•Semiconductor equipment parts
•Fire-safe components•DI water system parts•Pumps•Valves•Housings•Glide tracks•Cog wheels•Rotation disks•Fittings
Melt Flow Index
Tensile Yield Strength
Elongation at Yield
Tensile Break Strength
Elongation at Break
PVDF is a fluorinated semi-crystalline thermoplastic which is obtained by polymerizing vinylidene fluoride. This fluorinated polymer has been manufactured and marketed for more than 30 years, using both suspension process and emulsion process developed and perfected . PVDF, without any additives, has the intrinsic stability inherent to fluoropolymers, even when exposed to harsh environments. It provides the user with a unique combination of properties leading to longer equipment life.
The most important properties of PVDF are listed below:
• Excellent chemical resistance to most aggressive substances and solvents,
• Excellent mechanical strength and toughness,
• High abrasion resistance,
• High temperature capabilities: continuous use service temperature up to 150°C (302°F),
• Excellent ageing resistance,
• High purity, • Resistance to UV and nuclear radiations,
• Excellent intrinsic fire resistance, • Low permeability to most gases and liquids,
• Easily melt-processed by standard methods of extrusion and molding,
• Wide range of rigid and flexible grades available.